With the ed-tech era on the horizon, traditional publishers are joining the ed-tech digital classroom movement. However, with all the different options available, choosing the right tech tools can be a challenge. Nowhere is this more evident than at the Frankfurt Book Fair, where countless ed-tech providers are showcasing their products. If you’re a publisher shopping for ed-tech solutions, follow the “10 Ed-Tech Commandments” and you can’t go wrong:
1. Be Monetized—When transitioning to digital, your existing content can transition with you. Don’t believe vendors who say you need to throw away your legacy content. There are new tools that allow you to enjoy both worlds. By digitalizing your existing content, your transition to tech will be at a lower cost and with higher return on investment. It can also allow for a gradual transition from printed books to incorporating digital teaching and learning.
2. Be Integrated—Your ed-tech choice should easily integrate into your existing digital solutions, like LMS (Learning Management System), CMS (Content Management System) or others.
3. Be Holistic—Choose a comprehensive ed-tech solution. Your ed-tech selection should incorporate all aspects of the process. It should also provide customized solutions, tailored to your needs.
4. Be User Friendly—User-friendliness is one of the most important aspects. Make sure that the solution you choose is simple. It should be easy to use for everyone involved.
5. Be Accommodating—Your ed-tech solution should address and accommodate the needs of all end-users. This includes administrators, teachers, parents and students.
6. Be Impactful—When selecting ed-tech, choose the option that offers the greatest impact. You want your ed-tech to make a big difference for the classroom as a whole, as well as for each individual student. Choose the option that proves it can offer the greatest improvement for student achievement, as well as for motivation, empowerment and classroom behavior.
7. Be Multi-Functional—Make sure that the solution you choose can target various types of learning environments. This includes in the classroom, at home and distance learning.
8. Be Experienced—When transitioning to ed-tech, the partner you select can make all the difference between failure and success. Make sure to select an experienced ed-tech provider. Look for a successful track record in ed-tech, with deployment experience in different settings.
9. Be Selective—Don’t be fooled by freeware. In the long run, you will wind up with an inferior product, as well unknown costs for maintenance, updates and customization down the line. When it comes to ed-tech, you want to select the best tools available.
10. Be in the Community—Join the community and learn from the experiences of your industry peers. With the Frankfurt Book Fair around the corner, now is a great time to meet and greet! To find out more about the emerging Era of ed-tech, check out Time To Know in person at the Frankfurt Book Fair. We are a state-of-the-art ed-tech solutions provider with proven results.